Thursday 9 October 2008

BoinxTV Review and Video for getting started

Having downloaded the alpha version of the BoinxTV video production software for the Mac, my first impressions are very good. If you are familiar with how graphic layers work in photoshop, then it won't take you long to understand how BoinxTV works.

I was able get the software to use both my Mac iSight camera as well a Sony PD170 DV camera pluged into the firewire connection of my Apple MacBook Pro, switching between them without problems, I even got to try out some transistions. I haven't had much time with BoinxTV yet, but I'm going to try and use it this Sunday in church to record a service, as this is the intended use where I'm hoping to cut the extra post production I do on the Apple MacBook Pro using Final Cut before I can upload our church podcast the internet.

It is still early days, but the Boinx Software guys with the Coding Monkeys are working hard to get BoinxTV Version 1.0 ready for realease on Nov 11th 2008.

For those just getting acquainted with the software, the Boinx guys have created a getting started with BoinxTV Video to help you on the way. This tutorial was created using Seed 4, but it should still give you an idea of of how things work.



You can download the BoinxTV Video Tutorial by clicking the link.

No comments: